Here's my response to Marc's call out for "What's the plan?"
(1) My immediate reaction is to get a website up and running...
~ Check !! - done: 25 March '13. You're lookin' at it ; )
With the website set up, all of the Hamilton protest events ~ including initiatives that have been discussed already by other Group/s, can be advertised. Hamilton people can then choose which event they can get to on the day. 140,000 population... I'd put a 'target' up of around 1,500+ participation (1%)
(2) Make contact with all minor parties this week and invite their participation and planning.
(3) Phone the City Council and 'book' Garden Place or similar public space to hold a rally from 12pm
~ Check !! - done: 26 March '13
We have Garden Place from around 10am until around 3pm. Power on site.
(4) Search out a PA system from 12pm - 2pm
(5) Look for acts/ bands through Hamilton muzo contacts
Once we have these fundamentals, we have the foundation for a really great rally, with guest speakers from the different political parties, street entertainers/ buskers/ drummers/djembe, etc.
What do people think ?? How does this sound for starters folks ??? : )
DREAM BIG, right ?? : )
Facebook Group: "Hamilton Aotearoa Is Not For Sale" linked here: