Global Outbreak of Peace
- by Rick Martin Cortright, posted to 2012 Scenario Discussion Group
After 24 hours of the world becoming engulfed in a light mist-like fog, there has been an unexpected and sudden outbreak of peace around the planet. Epidemiologists at the CDC have simply referred to this global outbreak of peace as GOP. In an emergency session of the United Nations Security Council, world peace was declared:
- Around the world, guns, cannons, and other weapons jammed and simply would not fire. Bullets were rendered useless.
- In Israel, the army and members of the Mossad were last seen putting down their weapons and picking up baskets of food in the marketplace, in preparation for breaking bread with their Palestinian brothers and sisters.
- In Africa, tribal conflicts simply stopped and were replaced with drumming, singing, and dancing.
- All along the west coast of North America, up to Alaska, full pods of whales were seen repeatedly breaching in high numbers in an expression of joy. Their songs could be heard all along the coast.
- All around the Hawaiian islands, schools of dolphin were seen leaping high in the air in an expression of happiness, with their clicks and chirps heard for many miles.
- In America, all the homeless suddenly found themselves with shelter upon the mass realization by the affluent population that there was more than enough to go around.
- In the United Nations general assembly, one third world leader took the podium and started talking about war, only to be laughed off stage.
Globally, a feeling of love and compassion fills the air. Conflict a thing of the past.
Are you crazy? Are you absolutely insane? What place could you possibly be describing?
Ah, that is a very good question. It is your New World, brothers and sisters...